The Scots Thesaurus was first published in 1990 and is a unique subject guide to over 20,000 Scots words.
- Subject-by-subject access to Scots words with definitions in English
- Wide-ranging coverage of different areas of life including animal and plant life, farming and fishing, food and drink, emotions and character
- Introduction commenting on the distinctive aspects and qualities of the Scots language
- English index to guide users to the appropriate Scots words
- “It is a thesaurus for all of us who read and research in Scots documents. It is usable and readable.”
Order from Edinburgh University Press ISBN 978-1-902930-03-9